- Address: Anselm Helbig, Kleibersteig 11, 14621 Schönwalde-Glien
- Phone: +49 178 3466577
- EMail: email@example.com
- WWW: https://mnemonikk.org/
- Date of birth: Oct 27th 1973
- Place of birth: Wilhelmshaven
- Nationality: Deutsch
As a programmer and infrastructure engineer with 20 years of experience and holding a diploma in Biochemistry, I’m looking forward to help with your infrastructure, with refactoring legacy code, and technical and agile coaching. I focus on value and obsess over maintainability and agile principles.
- excellent: Ruby, Shell, SQL
- Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Sinatra
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Infrastructure Automation: Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, Chef, Salt, Puppet
- AWS: EC2, Lambda, S3, ELB, CloudWatch, CloudFront, ECS, Route53, IAM, SES, SQS, SNS, Systems Manager
- Programming Paradigms: object oriented, functional
- Testing: BDD, TDD, End-to-End
- Collaboration: (remote) pair programming, mob programming, code reviews
- agile: Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming
- German: native
- English: proficient
- French: basic
- MOTIONTAG GmbH
Tech Lead Backend, 2019-10 – 2019-12
CTO, 2018-04 – 2019-10
Lead Architect, 2017-11 – 2018-04
- Improved agile processes: introduced, ran and evolved standups and retrospectives, introduced videochat and mob programming, improved tickets and boards, created agile metrics.
- Collaborated in tender and GDPR processes.
- Implemented CI (Jenkins), password manager, Grafana, and centralized error reporting (Errbit).
- Scaled up API from a single machine to a load-balanced EC2 cluster.
- Built load testing for API (locust.io)
- Improved monitoring (CloudWatch, Honeycomb.io).
- Migrated high frequency events from relational DB to AWS data lake.
- Streamlined technical onboarding.
- Added registration via SMS.
- Movinga GmbH
Lead Developer, 2017-01 – 2017-04
- Organized regular coding dojos.
- Organized sessions on development issues.
- Implemented and facilitated incident review meetings.
- Stabilized, monitored and extended legacy PHP infrastructure.
- Planned infrastructure optimization.
- Participated in recruiting: screening, interviews, creating technical challenges.
- Wimdu GmbH
Lead Developer, 2015-04 – 2016-12
Team Lead, 2013-10 – 2015-04
Backend Developer, 2012-05 – 2015-04
- Implemented self-learning ranking algorithm.
- Continuously synchronized room availability with external sources.
- Maintained and refactored the BI pipeline (Python, Pandas, MySQL).
- Collaborated on infrastructure and deployment automation.
- Refactored and extended payment logic.
- Mediapeers GmbH
Fullstack Developer, 2008-01 – 2012-05
- Implemented custom video conversion pipeline.
- Implemented full text search, filter functionality; UI, frontend, backend (Sphinx search engine).
- Added multitenancy support.
- Set up and maintained self-hosted CI and version control systems.
- Improved the deployment process.
- Server maintenance.
- Aperto AG
Systems Engineer, 2007-07 – 2008-01
- Developed a custom backup solution.
- Worked on deployment automation and performance optimization.
- Unified Nagios monitoring setup for all client projects.
- Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Klipp Group
Python Developer, 2006-11 – 2007-03
- Created a combined database for metabolic reaction information (Python).
- Created an online survey form (PHP).
- Refactored and extended SBMLMerge tool (Python).
Diploma Thesis, 2005-08 – 2006-11
- “Modeling the TOR pathway in Saccharomyces cerevisiae”
- Deutsches Institut für Urbanistik
Systems Administrator and Web Developer, 2000-11 – 2007-07
- Implement a document management system.
- Implemented a generic online survey tool.
- Created an authentication bridge to Novell NDS.
- FU BerlinDiploma in Biochemistry, 2007
- Cäcilienschule WilhelmshavenAbitur, 1993